Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Cousin's Big Day

This Saturday was my cousin Sandra's Wedding. She was married to her boyfriend of two years Sammy. The wedding was held at The Old Bermuda Inn, ceremony and reception. The ceremony went fine, there were some mix ups but everything went well overall. I didn't get to talk much during the cocktail hour as the couple and immediate family were brought upstairs for pictures (while cousins aren't normally immediate family, were such a tight family my cousin insisted we all be in the pictures). So we pretty much went straight to the reception. My tabl for the reception was my sister Lauren (also the maid of honor, 21), My brother Mike (30), his girlfriend (26). my cousin Jason (22) his girlfriend (25) and my little cousin Dominic (8). So it was a very varying table. It was an open bar and I managed to convince the bartenders I was 21 so I wouldn't have to bother getting someone else to get my drinks. The night was going fairly smooth untill I got up to get a drink when the groom Sammy and his two best friends were about to do some shots. Sammy pulled me in and asked to take some with them. Of course I agreed, we did a shot of Soco and lime, then Jager then me and sammy split a shot of petron. I was still fine, but Sammy and the other two seemed pretty gone by that point. About 15 minutes later my brother sat down and told our table that Sammy just took a piss off the balcony. We all found it funny and didnt care, but one of my aunts was really offended by it. Eventually she got over it and the night went fine after that. The party ended about 12, I was out as soon as I got home. All in all it was a good day and I was as happy as could be for my cousin.

No comments: