Sunday, November 4, 2007

New Hires

At my place of work, Shoprite, we have recently started a hiring spree. More than 20 new cashiers have been hired in the past month alone, nearly doubling the staff. The reason was a mix of us being shorthanded and the holidays coming up, so increasing the work staff was necessary. This has led to some odd changes. My hours have been shifted and cut slightly, not enough that I mind, but the beautiful thing is, I do not have to do any real work. Since there are more cashiers than avaliable registers on weekend and on weekdays not busy enough to have them all open, I am able to do odd jobs around the store. Such as putting things back on shelves, fixing shelves, etc. All easy jobs that require no effort and lead to me wandering the store aimless much of the time. I am loving all the new help, especially since I am able to get all the new kids to do the shitty jobs. However, with all good things come some problems. One of our trainees, Rob was hit by a car while crossing Hylan after work. I believe he is still in the hospital but stable. Another trainee, Jessica I believe, has gone missing. The police have been by multiple times to ask questions and we are all hopeful they will find her. So our hopes and prayers go out to both of them, get home safely.

No comments: